For MSA, ESG encapsulates ‘how’ we go about operating our organisation and delivering our projects in tandem with the design team, clients and other stakeholders. This includes:
SUSTAINABILITY & ESG
- Taking a customer-first approach, building deep relationships with our clients and local communities in which we deliver our projects.
- Measuring, managing and improving our environmental and social impact.
- Significant investment in our staff’s professional development through presentations, courses and study trips to improve skills and understandings.
- Demonstrating targeted innovation, digital connectivity and thought leadership to drive change, within and beyond our organisation.
- Growing a MSA team that is truly reflective of the diversity of where we live and work.
The principles outlined on this page aim to demonstrate how MSA strives to work ethically and to place human rights, the environment, and wellness at the core of our business. In addition, these principles ensure that not only are commercial requirements met, but also that MSA understands our clients’ core business requirements.
The aspiration and intention of our ESG Strategy responds to the multiple complex challenges faced, and the shifts that are starting to happen, or need to happen, to address these challenges and changes. They include the urgent need for decarbonisation and climate adaptation; growing inequality and the need to improve the general quality of life; changing occupier’s requirements and trends and consumer expectations and demands; and skills and labour shortages.
Principles that encompass environmental, social and corporate governance play a critical role in how industries such as the built environment develop and champion resilience in the future. This is pivotal in the direction of growth for the business. The principles outlined here are fully embedded in the company’s decision-making processes, operations and delivery to drive transparent and purposeful business with integrity.
BREEAM RATED BUILDINGS
In working with the major industrial developers, the practice has had experience of a number of low energy and energy efficient technologies, such as solar and wind power, combined heat and power (CHP), grey water recycling and biomass. Michael Sparks Associates has been involved in the Sustainable Industries Park (SIPS) in East London, acting for Segro and the Greater London Authority, and also for First Renewable at the Kettering Energy Park which forms a hub for a decentralised energy network, utilising on-site energy generation through a range of different sustainable media, to serve an eastern extension to the town of Kettering.